Tuesday, February 7, 2012

'Twas quite a week!

So, after my last post built up SO many things going on....well, they all happened. And it was quite the whirlwind!

BUT...not before I came down sick :( I know...it was bound to happen at some point. However, as much as I may have complained, I'm incredibly grateful I only had sinus gunk and not the flu. Now THAT would have been horrendous. Between pounding gatorade, taking antibiotics and mucinex like it's my job, and running out of kleenex on the regular, I've been a hot (sick) mess. But, thanks to good sleep and heavy OJ gulpage, I'm feeling a bit better!



Not only was I sick, but so were my babies! Rosie and I had to take little Boug to the vet last Wednesday, and he was none too happy. The doctor gave him (and Sasha) ear drops to treat their itchy mites, and they should be all better soon. He was doing his best to look quite pathetic while at the vet, though.



And a side note: the weather here has been unseasonably warm and beautiful. I wasn't ready for spring, but hey--I will take it!



Anywho, I traveled to Nashville with Austin last weekend, for me to go to the Vanderbilt visit day and to see our friend Peyton. It was a really great trip--I got to meet some of the faculty of my program and talk to other current/prospective students. Not to mention, while in Nashville, I ate AMAZING food (no pictures...I was clearly too focused on eating). Nashville is a really neat city, and I can't wait to live there. I knew I could fit in perfectly when I saw this in a shop there...



I rushed back to Oxford, just in time for Porter's birthday bash! We dined at Snackbar (continuing my phenomenal food binge) and my duck confit/Pimms Cup really hit the spot. Again, no pictures...I'm getting bad at this being-patient-while-remembering-to-take-pictures-for-blog thing. But, I did get a really cute one with our friend Bobby Joe!



I wrapped up the weekend with a Super Bowl party at my friend Hannah's house. I contributed brownies, pigs in a blanket, and some M&Ms. It turned out that we had TONS of food and beer...and the Giants won! It was all around a wild and fun night, and I am still processing the fact that this means we now have 6 months with no football.



But now, it's back to the grind. I traveled for work yesterday, then today tutored and came home to clean house. Being an adult just never allows you to stop and take a breather...the real world is really starting to sink in, and I cannot say I like it. I CAN HAZ FRESHMAN YEAR AGAIN?

LHC

No comments:

Post a Comment