Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I will survive...

Has been my motto for the last week or so. Now why, you may ask? Well here are a few reasons...

1) Students came back to campus last Monday. Therefore, parking sucks...traffic blows...forget shopping at WalMart or going to the square during daytime hours...yeah, I got REALLY spoiled during Christmas break. Dealing with all this has been a real headache, but I will admit it is nice to have a bustling, lively campus again (instead of the empty, dreary mess of December).

2) I finally FAILED at cooking. Well, kind of. Being the OCD-perfectionist princess that I am, when I finally made something that didn't come back perfectly delicious, I was a little crushed. I made Salted Caramel Chocolate Shortbread bars. And I learned that caramel is VERY difficult to make. In the end, my shortbread was delicious, the caramel was --chewy--, and the chocolate was runny. But at least it looked pretty, right?



3) Sickness fell upon me. Yes, the dreaded sinus infection and goo that comes along with it. I spent Saturday feeling it coming on, Sunday mad that I knew I was really sick, and Monday at the doctor's office and on the couch sleeping. I went back to work today, but I think it will be a few days before I can really shake it off. Hopefully, with lots of sleep, orange juice, and medicines finally kicking in, I'll be A-OK!

BUT... I need to survive because I have so much coming up soon! In just two days, I'll be roadtripping to Nashville for Vandy's Graduate Preview Day. Then Porter's birthday, then the Super Bowl! I can do this!

Oh, and.....

GO GIANTS!



LHC

1 comment:

  1. Whenever I mess up with cooking, I always feel like I just wasted so. much. time and supplies. Like my whole afternoon/life has been a waste!!

    I'm sorry you feel bad... :(

    ReplyDelete