Friday, January 20, 2012

Best Week Ever

And no, I'm not referring to that old VH1 show that people always pretended was funny.

I'm talking about my own week! I know, hard to believe Leigh is SO happy and SO optimistic and SO positive! But hey, when this sort of luck comes around...you've got to seize it and enjoy every second!

As cheesy as this could possibly sound, I knew it was going to be a great (and lucky) week on Tuesday morning. I heard the trash and recycle truck coming down my street, and I ran to the kitchen to grab my recycle bins before I missed it. Amazingly, I walked out to find it in front of my house, and a sanitation worker came and got the bins from my arms and then took it to the truck. I knew....this timing, this fortune does NOT happen to me. EVER.

Well last week, I had found a job listing and sent in my resume to apply. I heard back on Tuesday, and I was invited to interview for the job! I planned to email back a few days later, once I composed my thoughts. I knew that I had applied to Vanderbilt back in December and hoped to hear back soon, but I am never a person to count their chickens before they hatch. I've been in full-out job search mode for the last few weeks, trying not to panic come my unemployed August.

However, when I least expected it (aka was working at High Point with my coworker, Sharon), I got a fantastic email. I WAS ACCEPTED AT VANDY!



Beside the wonderful fact that I'll be relocating to Nashville come August, I'll be attending Vanderbilt for a 2-year master's of education in International Education Policy and Management. Not to be a braggart, but Peabody College of Education is the number one school of education in the country! I'm so grateful to be given this opportunity, and quite frankly I can't believe that I, LEIGH CUMMINS, was chosen for such a prestigious program!

Anywho, now that I no longer have to stress about my education or career for at least the next two and a half years, I've continued my new year's promises. Wellllll....some of them more so than others.

I'm really trying hard to get motivated to be more physically active. I promise, I am. It's just so darn tough for me to force myself to get out of the house in the cold and rain to do something I don't like. I really need to enlist someone like Porter to really push me to copy her routine! Girlfriend is werking it out, and I need to follow suit!

HOWEVER, I am being more successful in my other pursuits. I cooked Lasagna Florentine for dinner last night, and I got really creative and made monkey bread last Sunday (as a little snack!).





I've been reading Tina Fey's Bossypants, and as expected, she's pretty hilarious. I've been planning my trip to Austin for my friend Juan's wedding, and I'm so excited to go to a big American city that I've never visited! And of course, I've been planning for the big Eurotrip in April. I picked out my top destinations in Paris, London, and Edinburgh, so HOPEFULLY my parents will let me see all my preferred sights! As for eating healthy...psh, that was probably my easiest one! I am holding strong against the beef and uncoooked fruits/veggies. I've been snacking a lot more and trying to decrease meal size. And my most proudest achievement? Cutting down on Coke Zero!

Thus far, 2012 is shaping to be a pretty bang up year. If only I could get fit...then things couldn't get any more perfect! :)

LHC

1 comment:

  1. So glad your week is going so well! I can't wait to hear what visiting vandy was like!

    I want to read Bossypants, but my book queue is so long right now I can't even think about adding to it. (I'm half way through Catching Fire right now!)

    ReplyDelete