Monday, January 23, 2012

So, I've become a more consistent blogger!

I'm just not sure (other than Porter) that I have too many consistent readers...oh well. They know not what they are missing.

So my last week has been really great. I already wrote ALLLL about Vandy and my good luck streak. It hasn't ended yet...and I'm clinging to every shred of luck I can get my hands on! Ole Miss shocked State at the basketball game last Wednesday, I had an awesome night out on Friday celebrating my admission, I spent most of Saturday recovering and watching movies/TV with Alyssa, and on Sunday Eli sealed his trip to the Super Bowl. And today, I got a surprise free lunch (not the metaphor--an actual wrap and salad with iced tea) at work during a meeting. If you think these things sound trivial or in no way attributed to good luck--just don't tell me and let my unheard of optimism last as long as possible!



I'm excited about the week to come, too. This week (other than a night-in parked in front of the TV tonight), I've booked myself up pretty good: the Art Crawl on Tuesday, dinner club on Wednesday, my weekly visit to Graceland and the Ole Miss-Florida basketball game on Thursday, and (I'm sure) a few trips to the bars over the weekend.

And the week after that just gets even better. The premiere of RuPaul's Drag Race on the 30th, a trip up to Nashville Thursday through Saturday, Porter's birthday dinner/party on Saturday night, and the Super Bowl that Sunday (Go GIANTS!).

I love love love staying busy. Knowing that I have lots coming up makes work so much easier. Looking back at the title of my blog being "Year One," I really have learned in this first year that staying busy and well-rounded really makes a big difference. It would be so easy to just collapse on the couch every day at 4:30 or 5. And of course, there are days that I do need to do that. BUT, for the most part, it is far better to wear myself out and THEN collapse--in bed--closer to 11 or so.

I still need to work on my "play more" new year's promise....y'all, this one will be a true battle. But hopefully, since I'm succeeding fairly easily at my other promises, I can convince myself to balance things out and challenge myself to more. If only I could drag myself to the Turner Center to become best friends with this....



Well, I'm off to stalk Pinterest. It is my new e-cookbook, more or less. So if you don't have it (and you are female), GET IT IMMEDIATELY!

LHC

1 comment:

  1. GIrl, what you really need to become best friends with is a good pair of dumbbells! Building muscle consistently burns more fat more quickly than cardio! /end fitness sermon

    I'm in the middle of my own blog post as well...keep your eyes open because you've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete