Friday, October 14, 2011

Cooking: Round 2



So, I've been doing weekly dinners with my roommate, Alyssa and our friend, Austin. We take turn cooking the entrees and desserts--last time Austin made pasta with homemade sauce, and I baked bread pudding with a whiskey sauce.

This week I was in charge of dinner, and I tried my hardest not to disappoint Alyssa and Austin. I found an awesome chicken and dumplings recipe on allrecipes.com, and I went with it. I was careful, though, to choose one that had great reviews and suggestions, so that I could be sure it would not be a fruitless effort.

It was fairly simple. Step 1: Cook the chicken in a brothy mixture with sauteed onions and carrots.



Shred the chicken and make and add the dumplings.






And cook it all together (of course, that's an excessively simple summary, but you get my drift). And so a little over an hour and a half later--ta da! My most amazing concoction to date.



I was so proud of myself, and of course, they were delicious. I even ate them for lunch today, too :) Leftovers are the best!



So yes, my domesticity is improving! (Austin made banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting--didn't get any pics because they all got eaten!) The thing I love the most about cooking is having such a tangible outcome to my hard work. And this was a damn tasty outcome. I really want to keep cooking even more--next week Austin and I are collaborating on dessert while Alyssa cooks dinner. I'll have another chance then to get creative and explore a new recipe! And of course, I will post the result (no matter good, bad, or ugly...) on here. Until then!

LHC

No comments:

Post a Comment