Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You know you are old when...

You come home from a long day of work, already have dinner plans, but STILL come home to whip up a meal anyway.

Yes, I did that. Yes, I am confused, too.

You see, I tutor every Tuesday over dinner. But I've been dying to make chicken tortilla soup (recipe courtesy of Matthew Archer [more specifically, his mother, I'm sure]). So, why not make a huge batch and have lunches and dinners ready-made for the rest of the week?

Thus, I did. I've never tried to cook this recipe before, but I have eaten it...and it's simplicity and ease are what make it most delicious.

Chicken tortilla soup:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans cream of potato soup
1 can mexicorn
2 cups milk/half and half
1 can chicken broth
Chicken breasts, chopped
3-4 flour tortillas, cut
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

And voila...I will not go hungry this week! In fact, I've been battling the season-transitioning crud, so soup will be PERFECT to soothe my sore throat.



Yes, this isn't the best pic, but you get the idea...



And more in the freezer for later! That's what I call domestic responsibility.

Anywho, this was definitely one of my more successful cooking adventures. I usually succeed in baking, but making real entrees is more of a challenge for me. This next year, though, I think I will have ample time to expand my husband-catching (and keeping) skills. THEY BETTER PAY OFF ONE DAY SOON!

LHC

No comments:

Post a Comment