Wednesday, October 5, 2011

To sum up my life:



That's about how I feel right now.

I've been battling this cold crud, which alone isn't all that terrible. But when I'm trying to work and maintain a normal routine, it's a pain. My boss was too kind and let me come work from home this afternoon. I'm really hoping working on the couch in Nike shorts and a t-shirt will at least give me a healthy peace of mind.

Still, when (not if...) any of my blog follower friends get "the sick" this season, here are my best helpful hints:
1) Drink hot tea as much as possible. Not only because it gives you a chance to pull out some Earl Grey and honey, but also because you can legitimately claim it helps heal your throat!
2) Day Quil and Mucinex are my sickness-ambrosia. I literally become a new person once they get into my system, although let's be honest--no miracle could make a cold go away in a day.
3) Sleep. Sleep. Sleep. Again, although it does really help give your immune system a way to reboot, who doesn't want an excuse to sleep for 9-10 hours a night? I surely do...

I know we've all been sick and you may think, "these are obvious, Leigh..." I only say these things since I'm used to getting sinus infections, or the flu, or something where there is a definite treatment. It's rare that I get a cold or virus that is completely untreatable...like this. Even if these are really "duh!" things, be glad...be glad that a) you're NOT sick right now and b)when you are (in the near future), I prepared you well!

LHC

No comments:

Post a Comment