Tuesday, October 11, 2011

There's no place like home...

And better than that, I didn't even have to click my ruby-slippered heels together to get to Oxford!

Mom and I drove back early today, but not before having some last minute fun in St. Louis. The conference officially ended on Monday, so afterward we toured the Anheuser-Busch brewery. I had been there back in high school with Dad, but this time was different--I WAS LEGAL FOR "SAMPLING"!

So along the tour we saw the famous Clydesdales. I'm not a horse-person, but they are beautiful animals.



But of course, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't holding out for the samples. You're allowed two, even though they are pretty close to normal-sized beers. The first one I tried was called the Wild Blue, a blueberry lager. It was delicious, albeit a little sweet.



The second one I tried was the Shock Top Belgian white. It was also good--almost identical to Blue Moon, except it has the orangey-citrus flavor already in it.



After that, we explored town a little further. We went back to the Loop, a neat little district near Washington University's campus. We ate at a place called Blueberry Hill, and it wouldn't be a trip without me finding this as a meal:



It was a good trip, but I'm so glad to be home. I've missed my babies (aka, Sasha and Bougie), I've missed my bed, I've missed my routine, I've missed my tv shows. My short break was great, but it's back to the real world. And my next cooking adventure is on Thursday...so get ready. There should be some (cough) interesting pictures in my post on that meal....until then.

LHC

No comments:

Post a Comment