Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Playlist of the week

Guess that implies that I'm gonna have to do this every week? We shall see how well that works out for me...but until that resolution falls through, let me elaborate on what I've been listening to lately!

I really do believe that variety is the spice of life--and my music tastes are no different. I listen to various things depending on my mood, the setting, you name it. But lately, these are some of the songs that have really caught my interest and may have been played a time or fifty on Spotify:

Start Over-Beyonce
Give Me Everything-Pitbull ft. Neyo, Afrojack, and Nayer
Let Your Love Grow Tall-Passion Pit
Strip Me-Natasha Bedingfield
Save the World-Swedish House Mafia
Perth-Bon Iver
The Diamond Street Church Choir-Gaslight Anthem
Without You-David Guetta ft. Usher
Faster-Matt Nathanson
Criminal-Britney Spears
Body and Soul-Tony Bennett and Amy Winehouse

I like to allow myself some guilty pleasures (cough cough...Beyonce, Britney, Pitbull) while giving myself some good quality tunes, also (Bon Iver, Tony Bennett...please consider my other music legitimate, too, PLEASE).

Anyway, if you lack for new music, look into some of these! I know that a few songs aren't exactly new, but hey...it's never too late to discover something "new" to you. And at work every day, I am CONSTANTLY in need of something fresh to blare through my headphones. So, on the off chance that anyone reads this and has any suggestions, please comment and let me know what you're listening to now! Or, even if you like the songs I listed, that at least makes me feel a little less embarrassed about my latest music confessions. (Oh and by the way, I didn't even list the worst ones...those never need to be spoken of...)

LHC

No comments:

Post a Comment