Monday, October 3, 2011

The time has come....

So, I know...this is probably my, what, fourth blog I've created. Maybe this one will stick?

Anyway, Porter inspired me to start this blog. I can only hope that I have friends (or bored random folks...) who will find my adventures in the working world to be amusing or possibly inspiring. My transition thus far has not been incredibly smooth, but then again, change never comes easy.

I'm learning, slowly but surely, what it's like to be a full-fledged adult. I mean, I've been "free" for four years now. But it didn't get real until I was hired for a big girl job, moved into my first house, and started waking up before the sun everyday to go to non-optional work. In retrospect, being a student was damn easy.

Thus, my blog. I'm navigating my way through the working world while trying to nurture some semblance of a social life. I'm trying to embrace my domesticity (and raise two young kittens...) while also staying active in the campus and community. My successes and misadventures, with all of the above, can hopefully be documented here.

I hope "Year One" will provide you updates with all the goings on of my life--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Also, I would love for my other friends to send me their blogs, too, so I can do the same! :)


LHC

No comments:

Post a Comment